Monday, May 7, 2018

10 years and 6,000 squad sessions later...


Dear Swimmers

I hope you are having a great day. I just wanted to send through a massive thank you for all your support over the last 10 years of the Swim Smooth Perth Squad. Today marks the 10th anniversary since I stepped out on my own to build my own squad program at the wonderful Claremont Pool, and I've been there ever since! 

A quick calculation shows me that during this period, myself and my team of brilliant coaches (Sally, Cyndy, Derek, Marie, Ross, Sandy, Shelley and Nicola) have conducted over 6,000 squad sessions believe it or not, and a crazy 3,500 1-2-1 Video Analysis & Stroke Correction sessions to boot! This richness in diversity, ability, goals and aspirations has allowed me to take what I've built here in Claremont and transpose it to over 40 locations worldwide (check some of these out on the brand new Swim Smooth website at http://www.swimsmooth.com/coaches/find-a-coach ), so thank you all for being part of that journey. Long may it continue!


The very first Swim Smooth Perth Squad session at Claremont Pool, Monday 5th May, 2008 - Chrissie (centre) and Liz (right) are still regulars to this day! Well done girls!

The squad now boasts 12 weekly training sessions accessed by 360-400 people per week in the lovely year-round 28.5ÂșC water temperatures of Claremont Pool. It's been an amazing ride and one which I personally enjoy as much today as I did all those years ago! 

Of course, Swim Smooth itself has been around a little longer (into our 14th year now), but the local squad here in Perth will always be the "engine room" to what we generate on an international scale, including being the official swim coaching partners of the governing bodies of British Triathlon and the International Triathlon Union. One off my proudest achievements though is simply that many of you have been with me for every one of these 10 years and many more besides prior - you challenge me every day to keep things spicy, fresh and new. Thank you.

So a proud day indeed! And if you missed out on one of the free silicon Swim Smooth swim caps on Saturday as a very small token of our appreciation, please pop along tomorrow and take your chance on grabbing one to keep your winter bright and joyful this year!



Thank you everyone - getting up at 4.20am EVERY day of the week now is always a challenge, but always much less so knowing that I have a great group of supportive people around me sharing that very same passion, swimming for the enjoyment and challenge of it.

See you poolside!

Paul





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comments here: